Tracing is needed in Businessworks for scenarios specially when working with SSL Communications. Businessworks provides two ways to do it via certain engine properties:
- At Test Time: When testing projects via designer
- At Design Time: Before starting BW Designer.
For enabling tracing, one needs to configure following engine properties:
- Trace.Task.*=true (for client-side SSL tracing information)
- bw.plugin.http.server.debug: true (for server-side SSL tracing information)
As discussed above there are two ways to it
- If one is using Approach 1 (During Test Time), then one may put all these properties in a text file and when running the project in Test Mode, provide the reference to this text files using “-p C:\tibco\5.x\properties.cfg” assuming the text file is stored under “C:\tibco\5.x” with name as “properties.cfg”.
- If one is using Approach 2 (During design Time), then one may open designer.tra which can be found under tibco_home\designer\5.x\bin\designer.tra, and add “java.property.testEngine.User.Args –p C:/tibco/5.x/properties.cfg” to it assuming the text file is stored under “C:\tibco\5.x” with name as “properties.cfg”. You must restart Designer for change to take effect.
TIBCO Businessworks support two kinds of security providers:
To change the Security provider, one may use following Engine Property (Entrust is default)
To enable debug level in case one is changing Security provider to J2SE, one may use following property to enable debug level tracing
NOTE: One may restart Designer (or BWEngine) in order to allow following changes to take effect.